Games Workshop Limited (we or us) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We take the privacy of all of our customers and site users (you) very seriously and take great care to protect your personal information. Please read the following policy carefully to understand what personal information we may collect from you, how we may use it, and your rights in respect of our use. By using this website, you accept the terms of this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
We do not require that visitors reveal any personal information in order to access our main website, however some personal information is required to participate in certain activities, and we may collect and process the following personal information:
- Information that you provide by completing forms on the website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site or subscribing to our services. We may, for example, keep a record of your name, address, email address, date of birth and telephone number.
- We will take details of the purchases and other transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- We may ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us.
- If you contact us by telephone, email or otherwise in writing, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- We may collect details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, the resources that you access.
SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13: We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and take an active role to protect the privacy of their children. Parents and guardians should instruct their children never to give out real names, telephone numbers, addresses, or any other identifying information over the Internet without first getting their permission. No information should be submitted or posted to any GW website by visitors under 13 years of age without the consent of their parent or guardian. If you are under 13 and you want to register with the site, then you will need the consent of a parent or guardian. This can be done through the registration process, where a required confirmation e-mail will be sent to a parent or guardian of any child under the age of 13 who registers with us. The parent or guardian which provided consent in accordance with this paragraph shall at all times be permitted (using the contact details set out at the end of this Privacy and Cookies Policy) to request access to their child's information, request that any information be deleted and/or refuse to allow any further collection or use of their information.
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To create a membership profile for you to help us provide a more personalised service which is suited to meet your preferences.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To send you our newsletters or catalogues or provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To contact you and to update you in respect of any partially complete or incomplete orders you have made.
From any point after you have entered our website we may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. In summary, the cookies we use enable us:
- To estimate our general audience size and how they use our site
- To recognise you when you return to our site
- To store information about your preferences to allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests
- To speed up your searches
We will also permit certain third parties to collect cookies during the time you use our website. In summary, the cookies will enable us to:
- Track the first and last pages you visit and your total number of visits to the website
- Track how long you spend on any page existing within our website
- Track how you have been visiting the website
- Track how you came to access the website including any keyword searches, search engine information or referrer
|ASP.NET Session Cookie||ASP.NET_SessionId||Maintains the user session for the ASP.NET platform. |
|Google Analytics unique visit cookie||__utma||This cookie is used to determine unique visitors to your site and it is updated with each page view. Additionally, this cookie is provided with a unique ID that Google Analytics uses to ensure both the validity and accessibility of the cookie as an extra security measure.|
|Google Analytics user session cookie||__utmb||This cookie is used to establish and continue a user session with your site. When a user views a page on your site, the Google Analytics code attempts to update this cookie. If it does not find the cookie, a new one is written and a new session is established.|
|Google Analytics session status cookie - deprecated||__utmc||This cookie is no longer used by the ga.js tracking code to determine session status. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether or not to establish a new session for the user.|
|Google Analytics user segmentation cookie||__utmv||This cookie is used to determine users as part of individual segments for analytics purposes, which are established by the site operator.|
|Google Analytics referral cookie||__utmz||This cookie stores the type of referral used by a visitor to reach the site, whether via a direct method, a referring link, a website search, or a campaign such as an ad or an email link. It is used to calculate search engine traffic, ad campaigns and page navigation within the site.|
|AddThis Sharing cookie||__atuvc||This cookie is used for the functionality of our sharing buttons, from AddThis.|
To find out more on cookies generally and about how to restrict or block the cookies this site uses, please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
Please note that if you restrict or block cookies this website uses, this may reduce the performance and usability of the site.
The information we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored on, our servers in Lenton, Nottingham, England, and Annapolis, Maryland, United States of America. Your information may therefore be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the country in which you are resident. Your information may also be processed by staff who work for us, or for one of our suppliers, operating outside the country in which you are resident. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
We may use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you. We will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) where you have consented to be contacted.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can change your mind at any time either to opt in or to opt out of receiving communications from us or third parties by contacting us using the contact details set out below.
We will use our reasonable endeavours to communicate with you according to the preferences that you share with us.
In order to accurately maintain the information in our systems we may on occasions contact those customers who have asked us not to contact them to ensure that the information we hold is correct. This will normally be in the form of a letter or email, stating that our records indicate that they do not wish to be contacted by us and that we will not contact them unless they grant us their consent. It is important that we retain this right to ensure that we provide good customer service and accurately maintain our information.
We will use your financial information to enable payment authorisation and billing. When you purchase any products from us, your consent is given to provide your financial information and personal information to those third parties necessary to process your transaction with us, such as credit card companies, banks and companies that handle delivery and shipping on our behalf. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk protection. We will not share your financial information with third parties without your consent for any other reason.
All financial information you provide to us is encrypted for security purposes.
We may disclose your information to any member of our group which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company, and its subsidiaries.
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties with the exception of the following limited circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective sellers or buyers of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case the personal data held about customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Website Use or Terms and Conditions of Sale; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Games Workshop Limited, its employees, or customers. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Such service providers as may from time to time assist us in engaging with you in the ways specified in this Privacy and Cookies Policy
In these circumstances we will use our reasonable endeavours to ensure your information is properly protected and processed under strictly controlled conditions and in accordance with current data protection legislation.
You have the right of access to, and to receive a copy of, information held about you. We are entitled to charge a fee of £10 to meet our administration costs in providing you with the information. Please contact us if you wish to see a copy of the information we hold and we will respond to you within 40 days of receiving your request. If for any reason you are concerned that the personal information held by us is not correct, or you wish to have your name or information removed from our records, please contact us, and we will happily review, update, or remove information as appropriate.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online (e.g. on message boards, through e-mail, or in chat areas) that information can be collected and used by others.
Any changes we may make to our Privacy and Cookies Policy in the future will be posted on this page. Please check this page from time to time to ensure that you are aware of any changes to our Privacy and Cookies Policy. Your continued use of this website will be deemed to signify your acceptance to any changes to our Privacy and Cookies Policy.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy and Cookies Policy are welcomed and should be sent to us by email. Our address can be found here.